One of the most important roles a pastor plays is that of CHIEF ENCOURAGER. One of the easiest ways you can encourage the people in your church is to occasionally send a brief text message to let them know you are thinking of them. When you send those text messages, why not include Scripture?
Here are 10 Bible verses you can send as encouraging text messages to the people in your congregation.
- Exodus 15:2 – The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.
- Psalm 34:4 – I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
- Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Psalm 118:24 – This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- John 16:33 – In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
- Ephesians 6:10 – be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Colossians 1:11 – May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.